Golf is one of the most popular sports globally, and because of that, there’s certainly no shortage to choose from when it comes to equipment. Hundreds and hundreds of manufacturers produce everything from clubs, tees, balls, putters, shoes, clothing, and accessories.
Having so many products and golf-specific equipment to choose from is one of the best things about playing the game of golf; that being said, knowing what piece of equipment to choose and from what company can be overwhelming.
As a professional coach and someone who has twenty years in the golfing and professional sporting industry, I’ve tried pretty much every accessory out there. Unfortunately, many of them are not worth the money and trouble. In this article, I’ve done the research for you and have compiled twenty useful and practical “must-have” golfing accessories for 2022.
You’ll find plenty of accessories ranging from alignment sticks to golf gloves and umbrellas; you’ll also find a “bonus” buying guide that will come in handy when purchasing gifts for friends or loved ones. Let’s get started.
- 0.1 Golf Tees
- 0.2 Headcovers
- 0.3 GPS Tools
- 0.4 Golf Shoes
- 0.5 Golf-Specific sunglasses
- 0.6 Golf Skirts
- 0.7 Golf Pants and shorts
- 0.8 Divot Tools
- 0.9 Alignment Stick Covers
- 0.10 Golf Hats
- 0.11 Golf Gloves
- 0.12 The Humble Umbrella
- 0.13 Golf Bag
- 0.14 Putter Covers
- 0.15 Outerwear
- 0.16 Golf Towels
- 0.17 Golf Belts
- 0.18 A Golf Cooler
- 0.19 Valuables Bag
- 0.20 Golf Ball Retrievers
- 1 Choosing The Right Golfing Gift
- 2 The Final Wrap
Golf tees are probably the most underrated piece of equipment in the game, but without them, I doubt very much that amateur golfers would be able to hit their driver off-the-deck.
- #1 Tee on the PGA Tour
- 100% Natural Hardwood
- Color bar indicates Tee length
- Painted, Printed and Packaged in the U.S.A.
- Perfect for drivers over 360cc
Unfortunately, tees constantly break, meaning they always need to be replenished. However, if you’re new to golf, you might not realize that tees come in various sizes. Longer tees are generally used for teeing off with a driver, while shorter tees are used for iron play.
Headcovers are probably one of the most essential pieces of golfing equipment you can buy. Not only can you purchase some really cool-looking covers, but they serve a purpose because they protect your expensive clubs from getting scratched or damaged.
- ⭐【Premium leather】 Durable and soft,water resistant and stain resistant. Excellent protection of golf club head &hosel connection to the shaft.
- ⭐【Advanced embroidery】3 wood headcover top-quality embroidery updade your experience feeling. Best value and easy to read numbers during play. Golf Lucky Clover Driver Fairway Wood Hybrid Wood Head Cover , fits regular and oversize woods and Golf Blade Putter Head & Half Mallet Putter Club.
- ⭐【Easy to use】Aliennana golf club covers are superior fit most of golf club brands and allow the clubs to sit compactly in the bag for a secure fit. Driver Cover : 13"*6.5"; Fairway Cover: 12"*5"; Hybird Cover: 9*3.8"; Mallet putter Cover: 5.5*4.9*1.3"; Blade putter Cover: 6.69*5.91*1.18".
- ⭐【Vibrant Design 】 It is embroidered with eye popping Pattern - Sport Style! Will attract compliments! This Funny Golf Club Headcover is the perfect present for any Golfer! Colors for Driver, Fairway, Hybrids, Putters.
- ⭐【Perfect for gift giving】Aliennana golf heacovers with eye-catching design at the golf course.Not only for personal use, but also perfect for gift giving. Colors for Driver, Fairway, Hybrids, Putters.
You’ll find a whole bunch of different types of covers for your driver, fairway woods, and putter. Headcovers also come in a variety of different shapes, such as long socks and others that have bobbled heads. Last Christmas, my daughter gifted me a Bugs Bunny driver and putter headcover; Bugs bunny is her favorite character; they sit proudly on my clubs and are quite the talking point.
Most golf courses now have comprehensive GPS coverage, and, as such, the need for golfers to have a high-level GPS tool is essential.
- Hazards and Layup Indicators: Track up to 6 hazard/layup distances per hole on the now larger and easier to read display.
- Greenview with Moveable Pin Placement, allows you to cycle through different pin locations to get the most precise GPS distance to the flag instead of just the front, back and center.
- Auto Play Course Recognition:
- Auto Hole Advance:
- Bushnell Golf App: Unlock useful yardage information, track and store your rounds and statistics and execute course updates wirelessly.
The wonderful thing about GPS is that not only does it help you to navigate your way around the course, but it provides valuable data such as yardage and elevation. Having access to this data allows you to choose the right club and help keep your long irons out of the water hazards.
Selecting the right pair of golf shoes is no walk in the park, and with so many brands on the market, it can be daunting, especially as many shoes can cost as much as $300.
- Lightweight, breathable, stable feel
- Lace closure
- Textile and synthetic upper
- Durable non-marking adiwear outsole with X-Traxion primary lugs for grip and balance and green-friendly thintech EXP cleats
- Lightweight Cloudfoam sockliner
But in reality, purchasing golf shoes is just the same as buying a pair of sneakers. Do your research and try on various brands and types to see which pair suits you best. Golf shoes also come with hard spikes or soft spikes, and you can even get some that look like runners.
I recommend investing in a good pair of golf shoes made from durable materials that are waterproof and lightweight. You’ll also need to consider the climate you live in; if you live in warmer climates, look for light and breathable shoes. Those golfers residing in colder climates need to choose shoes that protect from the cold and are waterproof.
Sunglasses help protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, wind, and allergens like pollen that can cause dry eyes and hayfever. While you can wear regular fashion sunglasses, your best option is to purchase a golf-specific pair.
- Redesigned for luxury — Thoughtfully refined and strikingly elegant, the latest Bose sunglasses blend enhanced features and designs for an elevated way to listen
- Rectangular Bluetooth sunglasses — Finished in High-Gloss Black, Bose Frames Tenor style flaunts a refined square frame, a distinctive keyhole bridge, and ultramodern materials. Lens Width: 55 mm ; Bridge Width: 18 mm ; Temple Length: 155 mm ; Temple Width: 143 mm
- Bose Open Ear audio sunglasses — Hear lifelike audio while others hear practically nothing. It’s an experience that leaves you free to engage with the world, all while discreetly listening to music.
- Polarized lenses — These music sunglasses include shatter- and scratch-resistant polarized lenses to reduce glare, enhance visibility, and block 99% UVA/B rays. And you can add your prescription (Rx) to your Bose sunglasses anytime..Note:If you face issue in Bluetooth connectivity please turn off the Bluetooth function for a couple of minutes, then turn it back on
- Improved battery life — Rechargeable bluetooth sunglasses with up to 5.5 hours of continuous listening per charge. Bose music sunglasses fully charge in 1 hour.
Golf-specific sunglasses have lenses designed to cut down on-course glare and help you read the greens much more clearly than without. They also have durable frames and rubber grips perfect for keeping them on your head while swinging.
Purchasing good golf skirts is paramount, particularly for those lady golfers living or playing in warmer climates. Look to light and breathable materials that allow you to move freely while swinging the club. Your best bet is to buy a few different styles of skirts that can help you meet the needs of varying dress code requirements.
- COMFY MATERIAL: Soft, skin-friendly nylon fabric wicks moisture away from skin to keep you cool and dry. Ideal wear for tennis, golf, volleyball, running, athletics, workout, racing, yoga, cheerleading and everyday casual wear. It also figure flattering and useful for all seasons and various occasions.
- 2 in 1 OUTFIT SKIRTS: LouKeith tennis skirts combines a lightweight, stretchy outer layer with breathable built-in bike shorts that flex as you fitness. The inner short can provide you with extra coverage and support, enhances your range of motion, not see through when you've been sweating on the court, make you move carefree.
- WIDE ELASTIC WAIST: The activewear skorts with compression-fit shorts inside is elastic and comfortable to wear, which can tummy control mildly and stay in place, not roll down when you do sport. Flat, high-rise waistband creates a snug fit, provides a nice natural fit with plenty of coverage while bending and stretching.
- SIDE POCKET: 1 pocket in this golf skirt with shorts can play different roles. Give you enough room to hold tennis balls and also secure to store essentials like phone, airpods, card etc.
- FASHION ACTIVE FIT: Split on the side put a unique design on a classic style. Cheer mini buttocks skirts highlight your waist and hip curve, help you enjoy the beauty while exercising. Lovely summer skorts can be matched with T-shirts, crop tank and tops, make you more charming.
Golf Pants and shorts
Golf is, as you know, a “gentlemen’s game,” which is exactly why you need to invest in a couple of pairs of stylish golfing pants. Golf courses generally still have pretty strict dress code regulations, which, to be honest, I love about the game; the traditions and history are an integral part of what makes golf so great.
- Fitted through hip and thigh, with tapered leg. Sits below the waist
- Smooth, wrinkle-free blend with moisture wicking and a gentle stretch
- Set-in pockets at rear
- Sits below the waist
- An Amazon brand
In recent years as golf courses have softened their codes, golf shorts have become increasingly popular; actually, I only wear golf shorts because I like to stay cool, and they’re easy to swing in. Golf shorts are great off the course and can be used as a nice pair of dress shorts too.
Those who don’t play the game have no idea what a “divot tool” is, but for us hard-core golfers, we know exactly how important they are. Divot tools are small and have “two-prongs” that help you fix the divots left by your ball after it hits the green. Repairing your divots is non-negotiable, and those golfers that don’t are frowned upon.
- Divot Repair Tool: A great gift for the avid golfer in your life, our divot tool provides a multitude of functions designed specifically for on-course play all contained in one convenient tool
- Quality Construction: Constructed of durable zinc alloy, our golf divot tool is exceptionally sturdy and allows you to fix a green divot with ease
- Ergonomic Design: Our divot tool and ball marker features a compact, ergonomic design for added ease of use
- Club Cleaner: A built-in nylon bristle brush and metal groove cleaner keep your clubs looking clean and fresh and make removing even the toughest spots of dirt easier than ever before
- Magnetic Ball Marker: Quickly mark your ball with our new and improved magnetic ball marker now with the Callaway logo
Alignment Stick Covers
Alignment sticks help with, yep, you guessed it, alignment, and just as golfers want to protect their expensive clubs, they also want to keep their alignment sticks from getting damaged. Alignment sticks are used by golfers of all levels and help with squaring the club and checking the swing plane and aim.
- Made of Synthetic Leather.
- Perfect cover for alignment sticks,it can hold at least two alignment sticks.
- Great styling,the craftsmanship is excellent and competitive price.
- Classic design,without any fancy design,match your golf bag.
- Well made,the quality is very well.
Some alignment sticks can be costly, so it is essential for golfers to ensure they are stored and covered appropriately. Alignment stick covers come in various shapes and sizes, and you can find a wide range of varying features and materials.
Purchasing a good golfing hat is a must, and when you consider a round of golf can last up to 5 hours, you’ll regret not having one. Your golfing hat should be wide-brimmed if possible, which helps to keep harmful UV rays off your face and neck.
- Titleist Tour Hat
- NEW structured front panel
- Performance material
- UV treated for sun protection of 50+ UPF
- Standard curve bill
Your hat should be light and made of a sweat-wicking material to help keep you as cool as possible. Make sure you leave a spare cap in your golf bag; that way, you’ll never go without it.
Golf gloves stop your club from flying out of your hands when they get sweaty. A good golf glove will also prevent you from developing nasty blisters after gripping the club so many times throughout the round.
- Officially Licensed
- Gripping material on palm
- Adjustable nylon strap
- Super-soft, insulated inside
- Team logo and wordmark logo display on cuff
They let you swing the club with confidence and play a significant part in helping you control the clubface. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve left my glove at home, so be sure to keep a few in your bag.
The Humble Umbrella
Golfers that play all year round can tell you how important a high-quality golfing umbrella is. Rain, sun, or hail, your umbrella can help keep you and your clubs protected from the elements.
- THE ULTIMATE GOLF UMBRELLA With a 47/54/62/68-inch canopy and heavy-duty design, the G4Free Ultimate Golf Umbrella is an ideal companion for golfers, and business professionals, or for daily life. With its sleek all-black design, comfortable EVA grip, sturdy frame, and auto open mechanism, the G4Free Ultimate Golf Umbrellas are perfect in a metropolitan city or a sports field!
- PROTECTS FROM THE ELEMENTS Never get caught in the rain (or sun) again. The G4Free Ultimate Golf Umbrella will protect you from anything mother nature can throw at you; rain, hail, or shine. The canopy uses ultra water resistant 210T pongee fabric. This silk-derived material is lightweight, and water-resistant with SPF 50+ protection.
- YOU (WON'T) BE BLOWN AWAY The double-canopy design and fiberglasses frame will ensure that your umbrella is VIRTUALLY WINDPROOF. Wind will simply not break it. The double-canopy design creates a vent that wind can pass through, making the umbrella much easier to handle in harsh conditions.
- OPENS FAST Automatic Open functionality ensures that there will be no delay to your comfort. Fast and reliable automatic opening function. Simply press the button on the handle to open.
- ONE-YEAR GUARANTEE. We engineer our umbrellas to stand the test of time. For the ribs and tips, we use fiberglass which is flexible and durable. The canopy is created using chain stitching with nine stitches per inch. We stand behind the durability of our goods and offer an unconditional guarantee against any defects in craftsmanship.
Golfing umbrellas are much bigger than their “everyday” counterparts and can be used off the course, such as enjoying a day at the beach with the family. Most golf bags have holders and straps on the sides to secure your umbrella.
Without a doubt, the golf bag is the most important piece of equipment that any golfer will buy. A well-made golf bag will last a lifetime if looked after correctly and can make a real statement when out on the course.
- Package length: 22.86 cm
- Package width: 30.48 cm
- Package height: 91.44 cm
- Product Type: GOLF CLUB BAG
There are several different types of golf bags so take your time to consider a few factors before purchasing. Factors like how often you play? Do you walk or take a cart? And your budget are all questions that need to be answered. When shopping, you’ll find tour bags, cart bags, stand bags, pencil bags, sunday bags, and weatherproof bags.
A high-quality golf bag can set you back hundreds of dollars, so it makes sense to consider the factors above before burning a big fat hole in your wallet.
Like your driver, fairway woods, and alignment stick, your putter also needs a protective cover; some might even say it “deserves” a cover. Without a cover, your putter will likely become damaged as it bangs against the other clubs in your bag, especially when driving in a golf cart. So do your putter and your game a favor and purchase a putter cover.
- ⭐ Go Home, Ball, Putter Headcover.
- ⭐ Magnetic Locking Device for Secure Fit.
- ⭐ Tour Inspired Design.
- ⭐ Fits Most Blade Putters.
- ⭐ Made of High Quality PU Leather.
For many, the best part about playing golf is being out amongst nature and enjoying the sun; but we golfers know that sometimes the golf course can be a pretty miserable place to be. Purchasing appropriate clothing that will help protect you from the elements like the cold, sun, wind, and rain will keep you warm and dry and let you finish the round in relative comfort.
- Lightweight zip-front jacket lined in mesh and featuring double-entry hand pockets
- Long sleeves with adjustable snap cuffs
When shopping for outerwear, look for clothing like windbreakers, waterproof jackets, and vests; winter gloves can also come in handy for golfers in colder climates. Outerwear can be pretty expensive, so I suggest purchasing them during the summer months as many golf shops have a surplus left over from the last season.
When you head out to the course, there are a few items that you should never forget, and one of them is your golf towel. Your golf towel is essential for two main reasons; wiping your sweat away and cleaning your clubs.
- 3 PACK GOLF TOWELS:3 different colors, black, gray and blue, these colors are good match to your golf bag, and you could replace the used towel with the others
- EASY TO CLEAN UP: Microfiber waffle pattern golf towel is soft, absorbent and durable, easy to removes dirt, mud, sand and grass, keep the golf club, golf ball and your hand dry while playing golf
- TRI-FOLD GOLF TOWEL WITH CLIP: Suitable size, neither long nor short, you could attach the towel to the golf bag or clip to your belt loop, very convenient to use and carry, saving the space of your golf bag
- EXQUISITE GIFT:The premium golf towel could be the gift which It is beauty and elegance with exquisite crafts for your families and friends
Getting into the habit of cleaning your clubs after each shot is valuable as it helps keep the grooves in your club clean; when the grooves get dirt in them, it prevents them from imparting spin on the ball, which results in loss of control.
Now hang; on, I know what you’re thinking; Can’t I just wear my regular belt? The short answer is yes. However, golf is a sport with a strict dress code, and many clubs have rules and regulations regarding casual wear and sagging pants. Let’s not also forget that golf is also a sport for the “fashionista,” so why not splurge on a nice golfing belt that matches your shirt and pants.
- The Steve Madden's men's casual dress belt is the ideal belt to transition your outfit from casual daywear to work wear or dressy occasion.
- Perfect men's casual dress belt that will soon become your favorite go-to everyday belt.
- The perfect men's belt for jeans that can also convert into a men's dress belt and work belt.
- Madden makes fashionable and functional belts for men that are designed to look great and last long.
- We stand by our product and believe you will too. Our Madden Men's bonded reversible leather belt is the best belt for all occasions and combines practicality and fashion.
A Golf Cooler
Golf coolers are perfect for those golfers who spend long days out on the course and need to keep their food and drink chilled. If you live and play in warmer climates, the humble cooler might be the best investment you’ve ever made. Many high-quality coolers can keep food and drinks chilled for up to 12 hours, perfect for those who have to drive a distance to and from the course.
- FULLY INSULATED: Lid and body Keeps the Ice up to 4 days in temperatures as high as 90°F
- SWING-UP HANDLES: For easy carrying and lifting
- CUP HOLDERS WITH DRAIN: Molded into the lid to keep drinks from spilling; fit up to a 30-oz. tumbler
- HIGH CAPACITY: Holds up to 80 cans
- HAVE-A-SEAT LID: Closed lid supports up to 250 lb.
Keeping your valuables safe in a specific pouch is an unfortunate “must-have” accessory in today’s day and age. Although, with that being said, golfers and golf clubs are generally very secure and friendly environments, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. You can store your watch, wallet, car keys, and any other valuables you may have. Most golf bags have secret pockets, adding another layer of protection and security.
- Wilson Magnolia Package Golf Set with Cart Bag - Right Hand, Ladies, Navy
- PREMIUM DESIGN: Magnolia golf bags are made from lightweight premium materials and feature lifting handles on the top and bottom. Numerous pockets hold everything you need for your round.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND EASY TO HIT: Designed specifically for women's playing characteristics, these clubs are weighted and sized with specs designed to improve the golfing experience for women.
- THE COMPLETE SET: Driver Fairway 5 Hybrid 4, 5, 6 Irons 7, 8, 9 PW, SW Putter Bag Headcovers; LIGHTWEIGHT AND EASY TO HIT: Clubs are sized and weighted specifically for women’s playing characteristics, with specs designed to improve the golfing experience.;
- OPTIMIZED FOR WOMEN’S SWING CHARACTERISTICS: Beautifully crafted with premium materials featuring top and bottom lifting handles, numerous pockets with plenty of storage and a lightweight design.; DESIGNED FOR THE LADIES: Beautifully crafted with premium materials, Magnolia bags feature top and bottom lifting handles, numerous pockets with plenty of storage and a lightweight design.
Golf Ball Retrievers
If you’ve been playing golf for quite a while now, there’s no doubt you’re fully aware of how expensive golf balls can be, especially if they keep finding their way into the water hazard. Well, no need to worry anymore because the golf ball retriever is your new savior.
- Callaway Ball Retriever: Our high-quality aluminum alloy Callaway golf balls retriever comes in 2 sizes and can extend up to 6 or 15 feet with minimal bending; 6-foot pocket version fits into most bag apparel pockets for easy storage
- Ergonomic Handle: Our golf ball picker upper comes equipped with an ergonomic sure-grip handle that allows you to easily handle the ball retriever golf tool even when fully extended
- Quick and Easy Retrieval: The ultimate on-course golf accessories, our golf ball retrievers feature a durable stainless steel retriever mechanism that picks up balls in a snap
- Included Cover: Our ball grabber tool golf accessory comes with a dual-zip headcover; When covered, it looks just like another club in your bag
Retrievers come in varying lengths and sizes, with some fitting in your bag right next to your clubs while others fold away for convenient storage. When purchasing your golf ball retriever, make sure it can retrieve balls at least 6 feet away and that it’s made from durable and lightweight material.
Choosing The Right Golfing Gift
Ok, that was a comprehensive list of practical golfing accessories; but what if you want to buy a golfing gift for friends or family and have no idea where to start. Well, keep reading, and you’ll learn everything you need to know about buying the perfect golfing gift.
First Things First
If you’re new to the game, you first need to brush up on some reading. Jumping on the internet and searching for information on the accessories you’d like to buy is highly recommended. Many golf accessories come in specific sizes, so you must ensure you’re purchasing the correct one. For example, putters come in varying shapes and sizes, meaning when buying a putter cover, you need to know which one to get.
When researching, take your time because many sites are only interested in your money and are not interested in selling you high-quality and practical golfing accessories. Golfing gifts can be expensive, so before handing over your hard-earned cash, you better be 100% certain.
Just as with many products, the more expensive it is doesn’t always mean it will be better. For example, golfing gifts like tees and divot tools are cheap to buy, and to be honest, there’s no need to splurge on accessories like these.
Golfers come in many different shapes and sizes, which means they also have various game styles and personalities. Understanding the game style of the person you’re going to gift will go a long way in ensuring you choose the right accessory. For example, are they tech nerds? If the answer is yes, you might want to purchase a GPS accessory.
On the other hand, they might have a very carefree and aggressive game style, in which case buying an alignment stick would be a complete waste of time and, more importantly, a waste of money.
It makes sense to do some research and snoop around because the last thing you want is for your heartfelt golfing gift to become a dust collector.
- Longer Distance
- Extremely Low Long Game Spin
- Greater Iron Stoppability
- High Flight On All Shots
- Playable Greenside Feel
- ⛳[SEPARATE STORAGE FOR 2 SHOES] YOREPEK golf trunk organizer for car is upgraded on storage compartments, having separate shoes compartment on the bottom layer, to store 2 pairs of shoes up to size 11. The bottom compartment is with ventilated holes to keep air flowing around shoes. And the bottom storage space is made of polyester, which is easy to clean.
- ⛳[STRONG CONSTRUCTION] The golf storage organizer has a thick movable panel in the bottom that strongly supports the top space's weight, even if stored full of golf equipment. The long flexible divider can be put into the bottom space and stands against 3 sides and the middle, preventing the top from collapsing down onto the bottom.
- ⛳[ENOUGH STORAGE SPACE] Is your golf accessories strewn out in the car trunk? The golf equipment organizer has 3 storage sections, used to keep golf accessories together, such as golf balls, golf tees, golf brushes, scorecards, gloves, socks, shoes(up to size 11), towels, shirts, caps, etc. It also allows storing other needed things for travel or other outdoor activities. Perfect golf accessories for men. Golf gifts for men golfers.
- ⛳[ADJUSTABLE TOP AREA] The golf trunk storage's top section can be divided into 5 compartments with flexible separators. And you could adjust the 3 short divides at will to keep golf gears neat and orderly in a reasonable layout.
- ⛳[EASY TO ORGANIZE] Golf car trunk locker is great to keep all golf essentials in your vehicle for easy access. Everything is organized in place while ready for golfing anytime. And there are handles on both sides for hauling in and out of the car. Excellent golf gifts for men/women, golf gifts for him, golf enthusiasts on birthday, Father's Day, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving Days, Xmas, and Easter.
- Short Game Golf Practice Net: Dial in your short game with the help of our ultra-lightweight and durable golf hitting net designed to help you work on various kinds of chips and pitches; size 25 x 25 inches when assembled
- Built-In Targets: Callaway golf hitting nets feature 3 primary targets running vertically down the center; work on chips, lobs and pitches from a range of distances and trajectories
- Built-In Targets: Callaway golf hitting nets feature 3 primary targets running vertically down the center; work on chips, lobs and pitches from a range of distances and trajectories
- Easy Assembly & Storage: Designed for effortless assembly and storage, our golf chipping net takes seconds to set up via unique “pop-up” design and easily collapses into a 12-inch diameter flat disc
- Ideal For All Balls: Use our golf practice equipment with soft-flight, foam balls or real golf balls when practicing at home or in the office
Never Gift Clubs
When buying a gift for golfers, you should never buy golf clubs or a putter. Golf clubs are the most critical piece of equipment, and most golfers are very selective about their clubs. There are so many brands on the market that it’s easy for someone looking to buy a gift to be completely baffled.
With 14 clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, iron, wedges, and putters, it’s near impossible to choose the right club for a friend or loved one. Then you need to factor in that each club has different shaft lengths and stiffness, varying grip sizes, and specific loft and lie angles. Golfers are a funny bunch, and most like to use clubs from one particular brand. However, some golfers like myself use three different brands; take a look in my bag, and you’ll find Callaway irons and woods, Vokey wedges, and a Ping putter.
If you’re still not deterred and would like to buy a set of clubs or a putter, a better option might be to buy a gift card. Most golf shops offer gift cards, and in all honesty, it’s probably the better gift to buy rather than spending money on a club or putter that might become a dust collector.
Alternative Golfing Gifts
When it comes time to buy your golfing gift, why don’t you try to think outside of the box? Some of the best golfing gifts aren’t used on the course but still provide great value.
One of the best presents you can buy is a golf book. More than likely, if the person you’re gifting loves golf, they’ll love reading about golf; you can buy books focused on instruction, philosophy, fitness, and the mental side of the game. Another good gift for golfers is Bluetooth speakers. Although golf is generally considered a quiet gentleman’s game, you can play music while on the course, especially if you’re the only one out there.
Outerwear is something every golfer will appreciate, and it’s much easier to buy than a club or a putter. When looking to buy outerwear, think of clothing like wind jackets, vests, thermal wear, and beanies. A thermos is another good gift, particularly for those long winter months; there’s nothing better than taking a sip of warm tea or coffee between shots.
The Final Wrap
There you have it; a list of 20 must-have golfing accessories that every golfer needs: golf shoes, towels, divot repair tools, and alignment stick covers, to name a few. Most of the accessories are reasonably priced and don’t cost an arm and a leg.
When buying a golfing gift, don’t “overthink” it; Outerwear, books, Bluetooth speakers, and a thermos make excellent alternative gifts, and again, they won’t break the bank.
Finally, the old adage for buying any gift still rings true “it’s the thought that counts.”