Golf is one of the most popular sports globally, and because of that, there’s certainly no shortage to choose from when it comes to equipment. Hundreds and hundreds of manufacturers produce everything from clubs, tees, balls, putters, shoes, clothing, and accessories.
Having so many products and golf-specific equipment to choose from is one of the best things about playing the game of golf; that being said, knowing what piece of equipment to choose and from what company can be overwhelming.
As a professional coach and someone who has twenty years in the golfing and professional sporting industry, I’ve tried pretty much every accessory out there. Unfortunately, many of them are not worth the money and trouble. In this article, I’ve done the research for you and have compiled twenty useful and practical “must-have” golfing accessories for 2022.
You’ll find plenty of accessories ranging from alignment sticks to golf gloves and umbrellas; you’ll also find a “bonus” buying guide that will come in handy when purchasing gifts for friends or loved ones. Let’s get started.
- 0.1 Golf Tees
- 0.2 Headcovers
- 0.3 GPS Tools
- 0.4 Golf Shoes
- 0.5 Golf-Specific sunglasses
- 0.6 Golf Skirts
- 0.7 Golf Pants and shorts
- 0.8 Divot Tools
- 0.9 Alignment Stick Covers
- 0.10 Golf Hats
- 0.11 Golf Gloves
- 0.12 The Humble Umbrella
- 0.13 Golf Bag
- 0.14 Putter Covers
- 0.15 Outerwear
- 0.16 Golf Towels
- 0.17 Golf Belts
- 0.18 A Golf Cooler
- 0.19 Valuables Bag
- 0.20 Golf Ball Retrievers
- 1 Choosing The Right Golfing Gift
- 2 The Final Wrap
Golf tees are probably the most underrated piece of equipment in the game, but without them, I doubt very much that amateur golfers would be able to hit their driver off-the-deck.
- #1 Tee on the PGA Tour
- 100% Natural Hardwood
- Color bar indicates Tee length
- Painted, Printed and Packaged in the U.S.A.
- Perfect for drivers over 360cc
Unfortunately, tees constantly break, meaning they always need to be replenished. However, if you’re new to golf, you might not realize that tees come in various sizes. Longer tees are generally used for teeing off with a driver, while shorter tees are used for iron play.
Headcovers are probably one of the most essential pieces of golfing equipment you can buy. Not only can you purchase some really cool-looking covers, but they serve a purpose because they protect your expensive clubs from getting scratched or damaged.
- [Leather Material]: golf wood club head cover is made of high quality leather, durable, soft and delicate, the surface is waterproof and sun-proof, helping your club cover stay dry. Anti-stain, easy to clean and easy to scrub.
- [Thicker Protection]:The golf club head cover is lined with thick plush, which can effectively prevent golf clubs from rubbing and colliding with each other and give them enough care to ensure they are not damaged.
- [Simple and convenient]: The golf club cover uses double waistline design, the cover is not easy to fall off, and you don't have to worry about losing the golf cover. Also easy to put on and take off, easy to use.
- [Pattern Design]: The pattern of the golf head cover uses exquisite embroidery technology to perfectly reflect the elements of fashion and luck on the club cover, making the golf club cover exquisite and interesting to meet your personalized needs.
- [Package Size]:The golf club cover is universal size and fits most of the golf clubs. Golf club cover 6.5 x 15 inches, fairway wood cover 11.8 x 5 inches, hybrid cover 9.4 x 3.8 inches.
You’ll find a whole bunch of different types of covers for your driver, fairway woods, and putter. Headcovers also come in a variety of different shapes, such as long socks and others that have bobbled heads. Last Christmas, my daughter gifted me a Bugs Bunny driver and putter headcover; Bugs bunny is her favorite character; they sit proudly on my clubs and are quite the talking point.
Most golf courses now have comprehensive GPS coverage, and, as such, the need for golfers to have a high-level GPS tool is essential.
- Hazards and Layup Indicators: Track up to 6 hazard/layup distances per hole on the now larger and easier to read display.
- Greenview with Moveable Pin Placement, allows you to cycle through different pin locations to get the most precise GPS distance to the flag instead of just the front, back and center.
- Auto Play Course Recognition:
- Auto Hole Advance:
- Bushnell Golf App: Unlock useful yardage information, track and store your rounds and statistics and execute course updates wirelessly.
The wonderful thing about GPS is that not only does it help you to navigate your way around the course, but it provides valuable data such as yardage and elevation. Having access to this data allows you to choose the right club and help keep your long irons out of the water hazards.
Selecting the right pair of golf shoes is no walk in the park, and with so many brands on the market, it can be daunting, especially as many shoes can cost as much as $300.
But in reality, purchasing golf shoes is just the same as buying a pair of sneakers. Do your research and try on various brands and types to see which pair suits you best. Golf shoes also come with hard spikes or soft spikes, and you can even get some that look like runners.
I recommend investing in a good pair of golf shoes made from durable materials that are waterproof and lightweight. You’ll also need to consider the climate you live in; if you live in warmer climates, look for light and breathable shoes. Those golfers residing in colder climates need to choose shoes that protect from the cold and are waterproof.
Sunglasses help protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, wind, and allergens like pollen that can cause dry eyes and hayfever. While you can wear regular fashion sunglasses, your best option is to purchase a golf-specific pair.
- Wrap-Around Sunglasses: Designed specifically for golf, our sports sunglasses feature P2X polarized lens technology; Provides 100% protection from harmful UVA, UVB, and UVC rays
- Comfortable & Lightweight: Our sunglasses for men and women feature ultra-lightweight frames and adjustable pads for maximum comfort during wear
- Advanced Coverage: 8-base lens configuration provides maximum eye coverage and lets in more light of the right kind than ordinary sunglasses for improved depth perception
- Includes Accessories: Our women’s and men’s sunglasses come with a lens cloth, carry pouch, and hard case with hanging clip
Golf-specific sunglasses have lenses designed to cut down on-course glare and help you read the greens much more clearly than without. They also have durable frames and rubber grips perfect for keeping them on your head while swinging.
Purchasing good golf skirts is paramount, particularly for those lady golfers living or playing in warmer climates. Look to light and breathable materials that allow you to move freely while swinging the club. Your best bet is to buy a few different styles of skirts that can help you meet the needs of varying dress code requirements.
- COMFY MATERIAL: Soft, skin-friendly nylon fabric wicks moisture away from skin to keep you cool and dry. Ideal wear for tennis, golf, volleyball, running, athletics, workout, racing, yoga, cheerleading and everyday casual wear. It also figure flattering and useful for all seasons and various occasions.
- 2 in 1 OUTFIT SKIRTS: LouKeith tennis skirts combines a lightweight, stretchy outer layer with breathable built-in bike shorts that flex as you fitness. The inner short can provide you with extra coverage and support, enhances your range of motion, not see through when you've been sweating on the court, make you move carefree.
- WIDE ELASTIC WAIST: The activewear skorts with compression-fit shorts inside is elastic and comfortable to wear, which can tummy control mildly and stay in place, not roll down when you do sport. Flat, high-rise waistband creates a snug fit, provides a nice natural fit with plenty of coverage while bending and stretching.
- SIDE POCKET: 1 pocket in this golf skirt with shorts can play different roles. Give you enough room to hold tennis balls and also secure to store essentials like phone, airpods, card etc.
- FASHION ACTIVE FIT: Split on the side put a unique design on a classic style. Cheer mini buttocks skirts highlight your waist and hip curve, help you enjoy the beauty while exercising. Lovely summer skorts can be matched with T-shirts, crop tank and tops, make you more charming.
Golf Pants and shorts
Golf is, as you know, a “gentlemen’s game,” which is exactly why you need to invest in a couple of pairs of stylish golfing pants. Golf courses generally still have pretty strict dress code regulations, which, to be honest, I love about the game; the traditions and history are an integral part of what makes golf so great.
- CLASSIC FIT: Roomy through hip & thigh with straight leg. Sits at the waist.
- PERFORMANCE FABRIC: Train in confidence with these lightweight golf pants featuring a moisture-wicking, gentle stretch and wrinkle-free fabric.
- GOLF STYLING: Designed for optimal performance and all day comfort on or off the course. Shirt-gripping active waistband keeps your shirt neatly tucked in.
- DETAILS: Features classic front and back pant pocketing with a fifth pocket for tees, markers, or coins.
- LEG OPENING: 8 1/2" on US size 32.
In recent years as golf courses have softened their codes, golf shorts have become increasingly popular; actually, I only wear golf shorts because I like to stay cool, and they’re easy to swing in. Golf shorts are great off the course and can be used as a nice pair of dress shorts too.
Those who don’t play the game have no idea what a “divot tool” is, but for us hard-core golfers, we know exactly how important they are. Divot tools are small and have “two-prongs” that help you fix the divots left by your ball after it hits the green. Repairing your divots is non-negotiable, and those golfers that don’t are frowned upon.
- Stainless steel and aluminum alloy: this golf divot repair tool is made of quality stainless steel and aluminum, durable and solid, lightweight and portable
- Multi-functional tool: the fork can clean groove, fix divot, and sharpen your golf pencils; Magnetic design helps you mark the place; And the U-shape bottom can hold your golf club
- Foldable and safe to use: the fork can be folded up with the pop-up button; You can press the spring button to easily open and close the divot repair tool; This considerate design can avoid the pointed fork scratching your pocket or hurting your fingers
- Suitable size to carry: this golf divot repair tool measures 2.76 x 1.18 x 0.59 inches (fold) and 4.72 x 1.18 x 0.59 inches (unfold), 47g/ 1.66oz in weight, small and lightweight for you to carry, giving you a better outdoor sports experience
- 4 Pieces in stylish colors: you will get 4 pieces golf divot repair tools in red, black, silver and gray; Folding design and stylish color make this golf tool very adorable and suitable for you to share with your families and friends as birthday or holiday presents
Alignment Stick Covers
Alignment sticks help with, yep, you guessed it, alignment, and just as golfers want to protect their expensive clubs, they also want to keep their alignment sticks from getting damaged. Alignment sticks are used by golfers of all levels and help with squaring the club and checking the swing plane and aim.
- High quality thick synthetic leather
- Water and stain resistant
- Soft fleece lining
- Holds two alignment sticks
- 2-Panel construction with piping
Some alignment sticks can be costly, so it is essential for golfers to ensure they are stored and covered appropriately. Alignment stick covers come in various shapes and sizes, and you can find a wide range of varying features and materials.
Purchasing a good golfing hat is a must, and when you consider a round of golf can last up to 5 hours, you’ll regret not having one. Your golfing hat should be wide-brimmed if possible, which helps to keep harmful UV rays off your face and neck.
- Titleist Tour Hat
- NEW structured front panel
- Performance material
- UV treated for sun protection of 50+ UPF
- Standard curve bill
Your hat should be light and made of a sweat-wicking material to help keep you as cool as possible. Make sure you leave a spare cap in your golf bag; that way, you’ll never go without it.
Golf gloves stop your club from flying out of your hands when they get sweaty. A good golf glove will also prevent you from developing nasty blisters after gripping the club so many times throughout the round.
- Officially Licensed
- Gripping material on palm
- Adjustable nylon strap
- Super-soft, insulated inside
- Team logo and wordmark logo display on cuff
They let you swing the club with confidence and play a significant part in helping you control the clubface. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve left my glove at home, so be sure to keep a few in your bag.
The Humble Umbrella
- 🌈【LARGE GOLF UMBRELLA WHICH IS WARM HAVEN】The oversized golf umbrellas 68 inch is a haven for golf lovers,businessmen and daily travel.The golf umbrella windproof with a diameter of 146 cm can shield 1-3 people from the wind and rain.The warmth under the umbrella warms each other's shoulders
- ☔【TOUGH AND STRONG DOUBLE CANOPY GOLF UMBRELLA】The extra large golf umbrella is made of glass fiber with high toughness,which is strong.The golf umbrella double canopy vent design is adopted to weaken the wind and resist strong wind.Our golf push cart umbrella is like a tall and straight tree,standing upright with a waist pole,standing in the wind and rain with tenacious vitality,and welcoming wind and rain with the best posture
- 🎈【TO BE A FREE SOUL】EVA breathable soft super large handle,large automatic opening button,comfortable and labor-saving,ready to open the golf umbrella lightweight.Beautiful and fashionable golf umbrella cover.Put the sturdy umbrella into the umbrella cover and change into a chivalrous man.Walk the world with a sword.Be a hero walking in the wind and rain.The soul of freedom is unstoppable
- 👫【PERFECT COMPANION】The fashionable and big golf umbrella for rain can be installed on the golf cart to start an elegant golf activity.The heavy duty golf umbrella can also accompany you to an important business event to show a mature,low-key and tasteful life.Simple and luxurious large umbrella is the perfect companion for daily travel life
- 💌【RELIABLE BRAND】ZOMAKE huge umbrella has accompanied more than 500,000 customers through trials and tribulations with its high-end atmospheric appearance and high-quality quality,creating countless warm memories together.Whether it's a rainy spring or a windy winter,ZOMAKE golf umbrella automatic open will always be with you!
Golfing umbrellas are much bigger than their “everyday” counterparts and can be used off the course, such as enjoying a day at the beach with the family. Most golf bags have holders and straps on the sides to secure your umbrella.
Without a doubt, the golf bag is the most important piece of equipment that any golfer will buy. A well-made golf bag will last a lifetime if looked after correctly and can make a real statement when out on the course.
- Carry your clubs in style with this 14 way golf bag with 3 full length club shaft dividers allowing easy access in and out of the bag. The user-friendly mesh padding will keep your golf clubs organized and graphite shafts scratch free.
- There is plenty of space in this lightweight stand bag that include 5 zippered pockets including a velour lined valuables pocket for your wallet, phone, and keys.
- The convenient top and bottom lift handle will make it easy to transport on and off the golf cart or in or out of your vehicle.
- The Dunes golf stand bag features a padded double carry strap and hip pad, a tee holder, umbrella holder, rain hood cover and towel ring with Velcro glove attachment.
- Lightweight (5.4 pounds / 2.45 kg) and constructed from durable dobby nylon materials.
There are several different types of golf bags so take your time to consider a few factors before purchasing. Factors like how often you play? Do you walk or take a cart? And your budget are all questions that need to be answered. When shopping, you’ll find tour bags, cart bags, stand bags, pencil bags, sunday bags, and weatherproof bags.
A high-quality golf bag can set you back hundreds of dollars, so it makes sense to consider the factors above before burning a big fat hole in your wallet.
Like your driver, fairway woods, and alignment stick, your putter also needs a protective cover; some might even say it “deserves” a cover. Without a cover, your putter will likely become damaged as it bangs against the other clubs in your bag, especially when driving in a golf cart. So do your putter and your game a favor and purchase a putter cover.
- 【Suitable For Most Clubs】: Our putter head covers are designed to be suitable for use with most brands when traveling or playing as well as being a breeze to use. You can easily put them on or take off.
- 【Durable Leather Covers】: The golf putter head covers are made using quality leather that offers ample protection while being gentle and durable enough to handle day to day use to keep your golf clubs protected.
- 【Why Need a Putter Cover】: The blade putter cover not only protects your putter but also gives it a stylish look. and the putter is often one of the most expensive clubs in the bag, and it’s also the club used to hit most shots during a round of golf. So protecting it with a putter cover makes a lot of sense.
- 【Keeping Golf Clubs Nice and Tidy】: A putter cover helps safeguard your putter from the wear and tear it is likely to suffer due to scratches from other equipment in the bag. They are specially designed to safeguard your putter.
- 【Best Gift for Golfer】: Almost every golfer wears headcovers for their putter, Love golf, love your putter.
For many, the best part about playing golf is being out amongst nature and enjoying the sun; but we golfers know that sometimes the golf course can be a pretty miserable place to be. Purchasing appropriate clothing that will help protect you from the elements like the cold, sun, wind, and rain will keep you warm and dry and let you finish the round in relative comfort.
- Lightweight zip-front jacket lined in mesh and featuring double-entry hand pockets
- Long sleeves with adjustable snap cuffs
When shopping for outerwear, look for clothing like windbreakers, waterproof jackets, and vests; winter gloves can also come in handy for golfers in colder climates. Outerwear can be pretty expensive, so I suggest purchasing them during the summer months as many golf shops have a surplus left over from the last season.
When you head out to the course, there are a few items that you should never forget, and one of them is your golf towel. Your golf towel is essential for two main reasons; wiping your sweat away and cleaning your clubs.
- Convenient Golf Towel: each Handy Picks waffle pattern microfiber golf towel is sized at 16" x 16", it is designed to be handy and to fit in your pocket. Take it with you to the course, clean your golf ball before putting, clean your club after swings, clean your eyewear with no streaks.
- Superb cleaning ability: light-weighted microfiber but amazingly absorbent, the waffle pattern towel gets to the dimples on the golf ball and into the grooves of your club, it cleans your sunglasses with no streaks left. The microfiber towel is easy to clean, its fast drying feature helps you stay away from unpleasant odor.
- Built-in carabiner: the carabiner allows you to clip the towel to somewhere within your reach on the course, clip it to your golf bag, your belt or your golf cart so that you can take advantage of this super absorbent microfiber towel and keep your gear clean at any time.
- Practical hook and loop fastener: each towel came wrapped by a 10" long hook and loop fastener, it helps you to keep your towels organized when not in use.
- Package list: in this pack, you get 3 super absorbent waffle pattern microfiber towels, 3 metal carabiners, 3 hook and loop straps. Enjoy your whole new golf experience with Handy Picks and Order Now!
Getting into the habit of cleaning your clubs after each shot is valuable as it helps keep the grooves in your club clean; when the grooves get dirt in them, it prevents them from imparting spin on the ball, which results in loss of control.
Now hang; on, I know what you’re thinking; Can’t I just wear my regular belt? The short answer is yes. However, golf is a sport with a strict dress code, and many clubs have rules and regulations regarding casual wear and sagging pants. Let’s not also forget that golf is also a sport for the “fashionista,” so why not splurge on a nice golfing belt that matches your shirt and pants.
- The Steve Madden's men's casual dress belt is the ideal belt to transition your outfit from casual daywear to work wear or dressy occasion.
- Perfect men's casual dress belt that will soon become your favorite go-to everyday belt.
- The perfect men's belt for jeans that can also convert into a men's dress belt and work belt.
- Madden makes fashionable and functional belts for men that are designed to look great and last long.
- We stand by our product and believe you will too. Our Madden Men's bonded reversible leather belt is the best belt for all occasions and combines practicality and fashion.
A Golf Cooler
Golf coolers are perfect for those golfers who spend long days out on the course and need to keep their food and drink chilled. If you live and play in warmer climates, the humble cooler might be the best investment you’ve ever made. Many high-quality coolers can keep food and drinks chilled for up to 12 hours, perfect for those who have to drive a distance to and from the course.
- ALL ABOUT THE EXTREMES – The RTIC Hard Cooler is designed for impact resistance, durability, and long-lasting ice retention. Perfect for anywhere adventure takes you.
- 3-INCHES OF INSULATION – With up to 3 inches of closed-cell foam insulation, this insulated cooler is all about extremes. Your food and beverages will stay colder and for longer in this ice chest.
- LONG-LASTING ICE RETENTION – This portable cooler is made for portability with heavy-duty rope handles that allow you to take it anywhere. Keep your drinks, food, and meat cold on that long trip.
- MULTIPLE USES – It’s the perfect ice cooler, drink cooler, travel cooler, beer cooler, can cooler, camping cooler, beach cooler, boat cooler, or barbecue cooler.
- MANY SIZES AVAILABLE – This outdoor cooler comes in 20 qt, 45 qt, 65 qt, 110 qt, and 145 qt sizes. It can double up as a bench, step stool, tabletop, or extra cutting board.
Keeping your valuables safe in a specific pouch is an unfortunate “must-have” accessory in today’s day and age. Although, with that being said, golfers and golf clubs are generally very secure and friendly environments, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. You can store your watch, wallet, car keys, and any other valuables you may have. Most golf bags have secret pockets, adding another layer of protection and security.
- Available in black, blue, red and green (each sold separately)
- 3-Zippered Pockets
- Attaches easily to your golf bag
- Visible mesh pocket for easy access
- Securely holds keys, glasses, credit cards, tees and more
Golf Ball Retrievers
If you’ve been playing golf for quite a while now, there’s no doubt you’re fully aware of how expensive golf balls can be, especially if they keep finding their way into the water hazard. Well, no need to worry anymore because the golf ball retriever is your new savior.
- ORLIMAR'S FLUORESCENT HEAD GOLF BALL RETRIEVER TELESCOPIC HANDLE can reach lengths of 15-feet. Turn each black ferrule to the right to loosen to extend each section and turn left to lock it in place. This golf ball grabber collapses to fit into the bag.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION Orlimar's fluorescent head golf ball retriever features heavy duty aluminum poles which are sturdy when fully extended. It is also lightweight and will never rust.
- PICK UP GOLF BALLS WITH EASE without dropping them. Place the retriever's head on top of the golf ball, gently press down to catch it. The head is tapered on either side so that it provides suction so you can pull the ball back to a safe area to retrieve.
- HIGH VISIBILITY FLUORESCENT HEAD is perfect for water retrieval. You can use this on any type of turf, water, rocks, mud, etc. Orlimar’s ball picker upper can be a great addition to your bag and pay for itself several times over.
- ERGONOMIC RUBBER GRIP is comfortable so you will have complete control when reaching for a ball.
Retrievers come in varying lengths and sizes, with some fitting in your bag right next to your clubs while others fold away for convenient storage. When purchasing your golf ball retriever, make sure it can retrieve balls at least 6 feet away and that it’s made from durable and lightweight material.
Choosing The Right Golfing Gift
Ok, that was a comprehensive list of practical golfing accessories; but what if you want to buy a golfing gift for friends or family and have no idea where to start. Well, keep reading, and you’ll learn everything you need to know about buying the perfect golfing gift.
First Things First
If you’re new to the game, you first need to brush up on some reading. Jumping on the internet and searching for information on the accessories you’d like to buy is highly recommended. Many golf accessories come in specific sizes, so you must ensure you’re purchasing the correct one. For example, putters come in varying shapes and sizes, meaning when buying a putter cover, you need to know which one to get.
When researching, take your time because many sites are only interested in your money and are not interested in selling you high-quality and practical golfing accessories. Golfing gifts can be expensive, so before handing over your hard-earned cash, you better be 100% certain.
Just as with many products, the more expensive it is doesn’t always mean it will be better. For example, golfing gifts like tees and divot tools are cheap to buy, and to be honest, there’s no need to splurge on accessories like these.
Golfers come in many different shapes and sizes, which means they also have various game styles and personalities. Understanding the game style of the person you’re going to gift will go a long way in ensuring you choose the right accessory. For example, are they tech nerds? If the answer is yes, you might want to purchase a GPS accessory.
On the other hand, they might have a very carefree and aggressive game style, in which case buying an alignment stick would be a complete waste of time and, more importantly, a waste of money.
It makes sense to do some research and snoop around because the last thing you want is for your heartfelt golfing gift to become a dust collector.
- New high gradient core technology lowers long game spin for longer distance
- Speed amplifying high-flex casing layer contributes to low long game spin
- Spherically-tiled 388 tetrahedral dimple design delivers penetrating and consistent flight
- Soft cast urethane Elastomer Cover provides excellent greenside spin
- 【Packing List】Item inludes Hi-End Leather Case, Golf Balls, Rangefinder, Golf Tees, Brush, Multifunctional Divot Knife, Scorer, Golf Ball Clamp.
- 【Easy to Carry】All the accessories come in a beautiful brown hi-end leather cover (8.8 x 6.6 x 2.2 inches), Easy to carry and the center of attention wherever you go.
- 【Useful Golf Accessories】These small accessories are when you do golf must have, they are rich in variety and quantity, practical strong.
- 【Customizable Bag】the accessories bag is a cover, We have made storage grids in different shapes, and you can also replace or add some accessories you like.
- 【Great Golf Gifts for Men/Women】They look very upscale and have a lot of useful gadgets for golf and used so often, the recipient will often remember that it was a gift from you
- Short Game Golf Practice Net: Dial in your short game with the help of our ultra-lightweight and durable golf hitting net designed to help you work on various kinds of chips and pitches; size 25 x 25 inches when assembled
- Built-In Targets: Callaway golf hitting nets feature 3 primary targets running vertically down the center; work on chips, lobs and pitches from a range of distances and trajectories
- Built-In Targets: Callaway golf hitting nets feature 3 primary targets running vertically down the center; work on chips, lobs and pitches from a range of distances and trajectories
- Easy Assembly & Storage: Designed for effortless assembly and storage, our golf chipping net takes seconds to set up via unique “pop-up” design and easily collapses into a 12-inch diameter flat disc
- Ideal For All Balls: Use our golf practice equipment with soft-flight, foam balls or real golf balls when practicing at home or in the office
Never Gift Clubs
When buying a gift for golfers, you should never buy golf clubs or a putter. Golf clubs are the most critical piece of equipment, and most golfers are very selective about their clubs. There are so many brands on the market that it’s easy for someone looking to buy a gift to be completely baffled.
With 14 clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, iron, wedges, and putters, it’s near impossible to choose the right club for a friend or loved one. Then you need to factor in that each club has different shaft lengths and stiffness, varying grip sizes, and specific loft and lie angles. Golfers are a funny bunch, and most like to use clubs from one particular brand. However, some golfers like myself use three different brands; take a look in my bag, and you’ll find Callaway irons and woods, Vokey wedges, and a Ping putter.
If you’re still not deterred and would like to buy a set of clubs or a putter, a better option might be to buy a gift card. Most golf shops offer gift cards, and in all honesty, it’s probably the better gift to buy rather than spending money on a club or putter that might become a dust collector.
Alternative Golfing Gifts
When it comes time to buy your golfing gift, why don’t you try to think outside of the box? Some of the best golfing gifts aren’t used on the course but still provide great value.
One of the best presents you can buy is a golf book. More than likely, if the person you’re gifting loves golf, they’ll love reading about golf; you can buy books focused on instruction, philosophy, fitness, and the mental side of the game. Another good gift for golfers is Bluetooth speakers. Although golf is generally considered a quiet gentleman’s game, you can play music while on the course, especially if you’re the only one out there.
Outerwear is something every golfer will appreciate, and it’s much easier to buy than a club or a putter. When looking to buy outerwear, think of clothing like wind jackets, vests, thermal wear, and beanies. A thermos is another good gift, particularly for those long winter months; there’s nothing better than taking a sip of warm tea or coffee between shots.
The Final Wrap
There you have it; a list of 20 must-have golfing accessories that every golfer needs: golf shoes, towels, divot repair tools, and alignment stick covers, to name a few. Most of the accessories are reasonably priced and don’t cost an arm and a leg.
When buying a golfing gift, don’t “overthink” it; Outerwear, books, Bluetooth speakers, and a thermos make excellent alternative gifts, and again, they won’t break the bank.
Finally, the old adage for buying any gift still rings true “it’s the thought that counts.”