Are you tired of slicing your tee shots? Everyone else seems to get their ball on the fairway, but you’re always skirting into the rough, and it’s killing you. Sure, golf isn’t a forgiving game, but it’s frustrating when it seems that all your tee shots end up slicing away into out-of-bounds.
If you have a big problem slicing the ball, then the problem isn’t the ball or the equipment; it’s your swing. Players who “come over the top” with their swing generally slice or pull the ball. The only way to get over this is to practice and drill until you don’t come over the top with your swing.
However, even the best golfers sometimes hit those shots with more shank or slice on them than we would like. If that’s the case, a small adjustment to your equipment might help you get more out of your game.
This review unpacks the best golf ball for slicers. We’ll look at the models that give you a straight trajectory off the tee, eliminating that slice for good.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall Golf Ball for Slicers – Maxfli StraightFli Golf Balls
- Best Premium Golf Ball for Slicers – Polara Self-Correcting Golf Balls
- Best Budget Golf Ball for Slicers – TaylorMade Noodle Long & Soft
Golf Ball for Slicers Reviews
Best Pick: MaxFli StraightFli Golf Balls
If you’re prone to slicing the ball, you need a ball with more compression to allow for less spin. While your swing is likely the culprit, your ball choice probably isn’t doing you any favors. These MaxFli StraightFli balls are our top choice for balls that are nearly impossible to slice.
Sure, they’re fairly expensive, but what price can you place on a straight shot? When you land deep into the fairway, instead of deep in the rough, we guarantee you won’t care about the price tag. These StraightFli balls feature design and construction with Ionomer materials for better compression and a 20% straighter flight path than other balls in the MaxFli range.
- Maxfli’s straightest golf ball promotes more accurate ball flight for improved overall performance
- Laboratory and Robot testing proves StraightFli travels 20% straighter than previous Maxfli golf balls
- Find the Fairway Dimple Pattern utilizes 374 large and small dimples in stacked and packed patterns for reduced lift
- 2-piece construction provides an optimal blend of distance and accuracy
- 12 Pack
The 374 large dimples on the exterior feature a stacked pattern reducing ball lift for a straight trajectory and less topspin on your shots. You get a two-piece construction between the exterior and the core, allowing for restriction on rotation and more travel with your shots.
What We Liked
- Dual-layer Ionomer construction for more compression.
- 20% straighter ball flight compared to previous MaxFli models.
- Extra lift and reduced topspin for your shots.
Premium Pick: Polara Self-Correcting Golf Balls
If you’re looking for the best ball to prevent slicing, pulling, and hooking, we have to recommend the Polara Self-Correcting ball. This model features a unique 2-piece construction with a center synthetic core and a durable Ionomer cover, allowing for better ball compression off the tee and straighter shots.
The standout feature of this ball is its directional arrow on the cover. When teeing up your drive, place the ball with the arrow on the top facing the direction of the green or the center of the fairway. These “self-correcting balls” produce less lift on your shots, keeping the trajectory low and straight. With less lift, there’s less topspin and less chance of you slicing the shot.
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Polara Ultimate Straight Self Correcting Golf Balls are for the golfer whose problem is significant and persistent hooking or slicing off the tee. The unique 2-piece construction consists of a central core and an outer cover.
- HOW IT WORKS: From the tee, point the arrow on the ball directly at your target, or line it up with the center of the fairway. From the fairway, play the ball "as it lies" or re-adjust the ball orientation so the arrow again points at your target.
- LESS AERODYNAMIC LIFT: Our Straight Self Correcting Golf Balls fly so straight because they exhibit less aerodynamic lift than other golf balls. This benefit of reduces hooks and fixes slices, but also resulting in lower than normal ball flight.
- IMPROVE YOUR GAME: Our golf balls are designed to correct hooks and slices which means, if you slice a golf ball 100 feet, the exact same swing with our anti-slice golf ball would slice about 25 ft., leaving you in the fairway instead of the rough.
- JUST FOR FUN: The Polara Ultimate Straight Self Correcting Golf Balls are designated for recreational golfers; not for tournament play.
These balls fly so straight and true that they are banned from competition. Keep them in your bag and pull them out on your four-ball. Your friends won’t understand why you’re leading the scorecard and how you manage to hit such clean, crisp shots from the tee and the fairway.
These balls are seriously expensive and twice the price of leading brands like TaylorMade. However, if you’re looking for a ball that offers the straightest shots in the game, it’s worth spending the extra money on these beauties.
What We Liked
- Directional arrow for setting up your shots.
- Excellent compression and little topspin.
- Great trajectory and ball flight.
- Dual composite construction.
Budget Pick: TaylorMade Noodle Long & Soft
If you’re looking for golf balls on a budget, you can’t beat the quality you get from TaylorMade. TaylorMade is one of the leading golf brands, and they make quality equipment. This 15-pack of golf balls is surprisingly affordable and a great choice if you’re on a budget.
You get a 2-piece design with an inner core and soft Iothane cover for more compression. These balls roll well, and you’ll find you don’t get as much topspin from them. As a result, you can expect a clean, low trajectory off the tee and more bounce along the fairway.
- Durable and soft IOTHANE cover
- Impact propulsion core for longer carry
- Great feel and increased spin around the greens
- Patented dimple design for straighter flight
These balls are forgiving for newbies having issues with hooking and slicing. They’re also a great choice for intermediate players looking for a ball that offers more distance to their shots.
The Noodle Long & Soft gold balls are a great choice for a straighter flight. However, you still have the chance to place more topspin on the ball for those precision shots around the green.
What We Liked
- Patented dimple design for a straighter flight path.
- Isothane cover for better compression.
- Better compression for longer roll and bounce along the airway.
Wilson Smart Core balls are affordable and effective at reducing slicing and hooking on your shots. Wilson is another leading golfing brand placing some serious R&D into its product line. The “Smart Core” golf balls have a dual-core/cover design that reacts to your swing speed.
The added power and club speed reduce the ball’s lift and spin when you’re hitting off the tee. The result is more carry in your shot and less topspin creating a slice or hook. When you’re on the fairway and looking for the green, the smart core technology lets you place all the spin you need on the ball for precision shots.
- Smart Core technology that reacts to a player's swing speed
- Yields spin and control on short shots
- Minimizes spin for distance and accuracy on long shots
- Durable lonomer cover provides long lasting playability through a range of condition
- Firm response off the tee for maximum distance and a soft response around the green for exceptional feel
The Smart Core technology utilizes an ionomer cover for lasting durability and excellent compression in hard shots. The result is a firm response from the tee and maximum distance for your shots. You get a soft response around the green with a design offering ultimate control for wedge shots and putts.
What We Liked
- Ionomer cover for excellent compression.
- Smart Core design for better tee shots and less slicing.
- Responsive around the green for precision shots.
The Nitro Ultimate Distance is another great choice for golfers prone to hooking and slicing the ball. These golf balls feature a dual-core/cover design featuring titanium materials. A ball with excellent carry is ideal for the longest shots onto the fairway. These balls are a great choice to practice with the Big Dog driver if you’re heading to the driving range.
These balls have enough weight to cut through windy conditions. The titanium core maximizes energy transfer from the clubhead through the ball, creating less spin for longer shots from the tee. These balls are a great compliment to metal drivers.
- SUPER REACTIVE 2 PIECE TITANIUM CORE tournament construction maximizes the energy transfer from club head to ball, spins less, giving explosive distance off your metal woods. Wind cheating flight stability
- HIGH VELOCITY LONG DISTANCE The aerodynamic and symmetrical dimple design increases lift and decreases drag allowing for longer shots. These Nitro Ultimate Distance Golf Balls have Improved feel on & around the golfing greens
- VIRTUALLY INDESTRUCTIBLE cut-proof cover is constructed of Dupont Lithium Surlyn for long term durability, high performance, outstanding resilience, and excellent resistance to cuts and abrasions
- MULTI-COMPONENT TECHNOLOGY Great stop/sticking ability with your irons. Explodes off the golf club face at moderate swing speeds, while offering outstanding durability and feel. Unsurpassed distance and durability. Perform with power.
- USGA APPROVED Conforms to all USGA rules, developed for and appeals to all levels of player from beginning golfer to professional to elite golfer. 15 ball pack (5 boxes of 3) in highly-visible Yellow
These golf balls’ symmetrical, aerodynamic dimple design gives them better lift while decreasing drag. The result is a longer, straighter shot with more length and better carry along the fairway. While they perform okay on the green, we find that they don’t quite have the same spin and short game reaction as the other balls in this review.
You get a Dupont Lithium Surlyn cover for durability and excellent explosion off the clubface. These balls also comply with USGA rules, and they’re suitable for tournament play. You also have four color options for your golf balls, including bright yellow and hi-viz orange, to make it easy to find your ball anywhere on the course.
What We Liked
- Available in four color options.
- Excellent distance and roll.
- Less topspin for long shots.
- Two-piece titanium core.
The Callaway Supersoft is another excellent choice for an anti-slice golf ball. Callaway is another leading golfing brand, investing heavily in its product R&D. These Supersoft golf balls offer you superior compression for a straight flight path and low flight trajectory.
You get excellent accuracy and less topspin when teeing off. When you get the fairway or the green, these balls allow you o place more spin on the ball for better control of your short game. The standout feature of this ball is the new soft trigonometry cover, offering lower compression and an enhanced feel off the tee and greenside.
- The Callaway Super soft is a long, straight distance ball that’s incredibly soft
- An ultra low compression core promotes fast ball speed and increased accuracy
- New Low Drag HEX Aerodynamics are optimized to reduce drag and enhance lift for longer carry and longer distance
- A new softer Trigonometry cover formulation has a low compression for enhanced feel and increased greenside control
You benefit from Callaway’s new low-drag HEX aerodynamic in the cover. These balls are accurate, making it challenging to pace slice spin on the ball. Even if you’re hitting off-center, you’ll find these balls don’t create as big a slicing action as you expect. You get five high-visibility colors to choose from and classic white when ordering your Callaway Supersoft golf balls.
What We Liked
- HEX drag aerodynamics for straight, clean shots with plenty of carries.
- Excellent tee performance and good greenside spin play.
- Low compression for less spin and better accuracy.
- Five colors are available.
The Srixon “Soft Feel” golf ball offers you a great ball for reducing slicing action off the tee while maintaining spin and precision for your short game around the green. You get a thin, softcover featuring design and construction with Ionomer materials for reduced drag. The result is a straight flight path with more carry distance on the fairway.
You get more spin control for precision placement around the cup when you reach greenside. The Srixon Soft Feel comes with a 338-speed dimple pattern, lowering the drag coefficient and cutting through the wind for longer shots. The “FastLayer Core” gives the Soft Feel balls an amazing distance off the tee.
- Must buy 2 or 4 dozen for special Father's Day promotion
- Soft, thin cover - provides more greenside spin and softer feel on all pitches, chips and putts
- 338 speed dimple pattern - the lower drag coefficient dimple pattern cuts through the wind for more accuracy and consistency on every shot
These balls are a great option for golfers on a budget looking for a ball that reduces their slicing and hooks. You get a Tour Yellow color cover, with the branding doubling as a directional finder for the ball.
What We Liked
- 338-dimple speed pattern for better carry on the fairway.
- Easy target alignment with branding on the cover.
- The low drag coefficient for better lift and straight trajectory.
- Good for greenside precision shots.
We round out the review with this option from Top Flite. Top Flite is one of the leading names in golf ball manufacturing, and these balls are a great option to reduce your slicing off the tee. You get Distance Dimple Technology designed to make your shots soar, with a low lift and true trajectory that reduces spin off the tee.
The Top Flite XL Distance comes with a reformulated cut-proof Ionomer cover that minimizes spin while enhancing distance. These balls will bounce along the fairway, giving you that extra distance you need from your shots. The low compression of these balls means there’s less spin generated on tee shots. However, you still get the same precision spin you expect around the green for easy placement.
- Designed to make your game big and your shots soar through legendary distance and durability
- Distance Dimple Technology enables high, fast launch for exceptional playability and performance
- High Resiliency Core construction optimizes compression for elevated ball speeds and distance
- Reformulated cut-proof Ionomer cover minimizes spin while enhancing durability
- High visibility yellow cover color enables enhanced shot tracking
The high-resiliency core design and construction feature a high-viz yellow cover making it easy to find your balls on the fairway or in the rough. You get excellent shot tracking and a high-performance ball at an entry-level price point.
What We Liked
- Distance Dimple Technology for increased distance and less drag.
- Optimal compression from the high-resilience core.
- Ionomer cover reduces spin.
Other Best Selling Options
- The Warbird Golf Ball is engineered for maximum ball speed through the bag. The extra-large, high-energy core is highly compressible to unlock more potential distance at any swing speed.
- HEX Aerodynamics reduces drag and promotes increased launch for more speed, hang time and distance.
- The optimized ionomer cover and large core combine to create great feel and greenside control in a 2-piece design.
- Sport type: Golf
- Supersoft has been one of the most popular golf balls for years, and we’ve combined incredible cover, core and flight technologies to make it even better.
- The new Hybrid Cover features an innovative PARALOID Impact Modifier made by DOW Chemical. This multi-material construction allows for an incredible combination of fast ball speeds from high launch and low spin, soft feel, and excellent greenside control.
- The High Speed Soft Compression Core maximizes energy transfer to increase ball speeds, while also promoting high launch and low spin in your longer clubs for more distance.
- HEX Aerodynamics is optimized to reduce drag and enhance lift for increased carry and higher flight.
- React Speed Core
- 342 Aerodynamic Dimple Pattern
- 2 Layer Construction, Ionomer Cover, Mid-Launch, Max Distance, Mid/High Spin, And Softer Feel
- Item Package Weight: 1.25 Pounds
Golf Ball for Slicers Buyer’s Guide
This section will unpack why you need to think about using anti-slice balls in your game. Are they really necessary? Are they worth spending more on over a standard nonchalant golf ball? Let’s unpack everything you need to know about the best golf ball for slicers.
Do Anti-Slice Golf Balls Work?
First, you need to understand that if you’re a beginner and you’re slicing the ball on most of your shots – it’s not your equipment. The problem lies in your swing and “coming over the top.” Essentially, you’re using your arms too much in the swing and moving them away from your body as you complete the movement. This issue, known as “coming over the top,” can’t be resolved by changing your equipment.
You’ll need to spend a few sessions with a golf pro to get them to change your posture and swing to remove the issue of coming over the top.
If you’re a player and have problems slicing the ball from time to time, or your tee shots have a little more slice than you like, it might be worth investing in some anti-slice balls. All the models in our review offer you a top-class golfing experience that reduces slices in your shots.
How Do Anti-Slice Balls Work?
Manufacturers manipulate ball rotation and slice through the materials used in the ball’s construction and the dimple pattern on the ball’s surface.
Sure, the balls won’t magically cure your slice. Still, the aerodynamic design on the ball’s surface reduces spin off the tee, giving your ball a lower flight path and trajectory while reducing spin. As a result, your slice ends up looking more like a power fade.
These balls are also ideal for practicing your driving at the driving range. They provide a straight flight path and a low lift from the tee, reducing the loft in your shot for better accuracy.
Is It Worth It to Buy Expensive Golf Balls?
If you’re a player who deals with a little bit of slice off of the clubface in your swing, it’s worth investing in anti-slice balls, even if it’s just to try them out. We feel that adding an anti-slice golf ball to your game could do wonders for your performance. These balls can make the difference between landing on the fairway or the rough, so they are worth a shot.
It all depends on the user. Do you think it’s worth paying $30 to $50 for a set of 15 golf balls if they could get rid of your slice? What’s it worth to you? You’ll also need to consider that golf balls don’t last forever. You’ll need to replace them eventually, whether that’s because you shank them into the water or sent them into the rough.
One thing is for sure. Spending $50+ on balls every other month will frustrate you as much as slicing your tee shots.
Do You Struggle with Your Short Game?
If you rely on creating spin in your shots for your short game, then anti-slice balls are not the best choice for your golf game. They aren’t the best choice for playing the ball onto the green from deep on the fairway. The lower compression rate of the ball gives them more bounce, making it harder to place your ball when using spin.
What Is Your Ball Budget?
Some anti-slice balls cost more than others. For instance, the top recommendation in our review, the Polara Self-Correcting Golf Balls, retail for over double the price of other models in this review. Players seem to think they’re worth the extra money, and they’re willing to pay the premium to get a straight shot.
However, if you don’t want to fork out that kind of money for golf balls, consider picking up a few three-packs of different balls. Give them a try until you find a ball that gives you the performance you desire. If you’re on a budget, the TaylorMade Noodle Long & Soft or the Nitro Ultimate Distance are great affordable choices. Give them a shot and see if these balls can make any difference to your game.
Golf Ball for Slicers FAQ
Q: Can anti-slice golf balls eliminate my slice off the tee?
A: The reality is that slicing the ball is more to do with swing mechanics than the ball or the club. If you’re “coming over the top” with your swing, you’ll need to adjust your swing. However, if you feel like you have that under control but still slice the ball a bit, these balls can help you mitigate the spin on the ball coming off the tee. The result is a straighter flight path and more accuracy in your shots.
Q: Is it worth buying anti slice golf balls?
A: If you struggle with a straight shot off the tee, it might be worth investing in anti-slice golf balls like the models mentioned in our review. These balls have lower compression meaning that they don’t generate as much spin off the tee as other models. So, if you have issues with slicing, give them a try and see how they affect your game.
Q: Do anti-slice golf balls only work well off the tee? Are they suitable for my short game?
A: Most of the models in this review offer you less spin on tee shots and more spin control greenside. However, they do have less spin than other models, so it might be better to go with a different ball design if you rely on that for your shots around the green.
Q: Where can I buy the best golf ball for slicers?
A: We recommend buying your golf balls from the world’s largest retailer, Amazon. Sure, your local pro shop has golf balls, but you’ll never find the same range of products that you get on Amazon. The pro shop[ hikes their prices to compensate for their margins. With Amazon, you get the lowest prices in the industry – guaranteed. Prime members get fast, free shipping, and buyer protection on their orders.
The Best Golf Ball for Slicers – The Verdict
We get it. There are so many great choices for anti-slice golf balls in this review. If you’re scratching your head trying to decide on the best ball for your game, why not go with one of our top picks? We have a ball to suit any budget and any game.